Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Trying something new - homemade bread

Breadmachine with freshly baked bread.Image via Wikipedia

I have gotten braver in the kitchen. I am trying recipes that are a bit more complicated and have even tried a few things made up on my own.

Way back when Brian and I got married, we received a bread machine as a gift. It had been used maybe five times but lately, I have been inspired to try to make our own bread again.

Just to get my feet wet, I picked up a simple bread machine mix at the grocery store Friday and tried it. I love how easy it is and that we have fresh bread. I did find a recipe that I will be trying next week, so stay tuned for that. I also hope to start making our own pizza dough with my bread machine.

Do you make your own bread? What is your favorite recipe?



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Carolyn G said...

That is so funny. THe first time I used my bread machine I bought the box mix too. Then i got crazy and actually follwed a recipe. The doing my own ingredients came out better than the box mix. I tried a variety but my next step is to actually make bread without the machine. Then I might graduate into making flavored breads. YUM!